Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Drowned by unbelief

"Hey, what are you doing"
"What do you mean? I'm going to walk over to there."
"To the other side of the lake?"
"What lake?"
"'What lake?' you ask? You don't see it? Well, you'll find out soon enough!"
"Whatever. I've heard people talk about lakes, oceans...you know, the whole water thing. I just don't believe in all that."
"Yeah, I can kinda tell, judging by the dirt and grime all over you."
"I'm as clean as I want to be. Who needs this supposed 'water'?"
"OK, now I can understand how people who are poor, or physically or mentally unable to take care of themselves, might not be able to keep clean. But unless they have no concept of cleanliness, they'd most likely think if they were like you, they'd want to get cleaned up more if they could. You seem to have it together...uh, mostly."
"Well, other than not being able to get a job."
"Why were you turned down?"
"They keep saying I need to get cleaned up. And can you believe they tell me that as I wear my thousand dollar suit?"
"And don't bathe."
"Are we going back to that again? Look, it's time for my walk."
"Do you realize how deep it is, and how far you have to go?"
"(Glug glug)."
 
3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing. 4In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 6For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 3-4, 6; ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment