Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Who cleans the messes we make?

I'm not "green" to the degree that many environmentalists are. But I cringe when people blatantly throw garbage on the ground. I (and I'm sure most of us) am thankful that other people--people who didn't create the litter--take the time and effort to clean it up. Where I work, I see pieces of garbage strewn about here & there, but before long it's gone. I wonder if the litterers are aware of that? Or do they just think that their trash magically disappears? What would they think if their litter was never cleaned up, & soon started piling up around them?

Jesus Christ is the ultimate version of one who cleans messes He didn't make. He that never sinned took our sin upon himself, so we wouldn't have to suffer all its wretched consequences (2 Corinthians 5:21). So, in a world where sin abounds, where--like litter--its stench could overwhelm us, I'm so thankful for His cleansing blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment