Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dream (actively), then do

"I don't dream at night, I dream all day; I dream for a living." -Steven Spielberg (thanks to the tweet from John Maxwell). I think what Mr. Spielberg means is not just that he dreams in the way that most of us do. Based on his enormous success as a movie director over the years, I would say he doesn't merely let life come to him. He engages his mind in the world around him and finds ways to express that on screen. He takes what comes to him, and instead of letting it rule what he does, he uses his skill and experience and makes something new and exciting.

So often, people act based on emotion, or because others tell them it's the popular thing to do. I vow to always be a dreamer, but then, with God's help, use those dreams to create something new and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment