Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yesterday, my wife heard a song while we were watching a movie, & she tried for the longest time to remember where she had heard it before. It was bedtime, & to be blunt we weren't going to be able to go to sleep until she knew what song it was. Thankfully, the all-omniscient Search Engine helped us find the answer. (To be fair to her, I recently learned the name of a song that had been popping in & out of my head for years, but couldn't remember enough about it to look it up until just a few weeks ago).

It made me consider that while it's a relief to have somewhere to turn for answers to those nagging trivialities that stay in our minds, it's even a greater comfort to know that the Bible holds answers to so many challenges that hound us from day to day. I'm trying to memorize key Bible verses & passages that can help me face those challenges as they arise so I don't have to rack my brain for the solution when it's staring me in the face. Just like the computer helped give my wife & I the rest we needed, having God's word in mind can provide peace of mind from such potential fears as terrorist attacks, hurricanes, or yes, even the dreaded social media updates that could one day be the destruction of us all (that's a joke---sort of).

No comments:

Post a Comment