Monday, August 8, 2011

God's name remembered with praise or disdain?

Ps. 45:17 "I will cause your name to be remembered in all generations;
   therefore nations will praise you forever and ever."

Do I present God in my life in such a way that those around me will remember Him with praise, the testimony of my witness reverberating so mightily that subsequent generations will praise Him as well?

God is known intellectually by many through the words of the Bible. He is perceived, perhaps even more strongly, through the lives of Christians. Yes, the word of God is "living and active" (Heb. 4:12), but how many people don't read the Bible, & depend on the daily walk of professed Christ-followers for their assessment of God and Christianity? The "piercing" of God's word into the hearts and souls of people is no doubt enhanced or hindered by how people view our lives--my life...lives which will help create a lasting testimony to those watching us, for good or bad. That God grants us the ability to have some impact on how much He is honored or disdained is both wonderful and frightening. I pray that when my life is over, I'll have brought great honor to His name in the hearts of people for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment